Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Birthday Boy.......
Photobucket
Four year's ago this a.m., on March 23rd, my labor started.....and has since never stopped....okay, I kid......looking back, it's hard to believe we are marking Ephram's 4th birthday already. Since having him, time has just flown by.
Photobucket
True story about me. I never wanted kids. I didn't see myself as the maternal type. But go figure, I met the right guy....and now I'm a 'soccer mom', and proud. At that, I didn't think I could relate to a boy......but he's proved me wrong time and time again. We have so many laughs from the things he says or does and are amazed as how he grows before us. Sometimes I feel as though he's a adult in a lil guy's body. He's so aware of things around him.
Photobucket
In the past couple of months, Ephram has taken a liking to taking photos. I have to say it melts my heart watching him mock what he see's his Mommy doing. We have bought him his first camera so we can see the world through his eyes. He has a great eye and I hope that it continues to grow over the year's.
Photobucket
Ephram still has a great love for all things train, but in the last year he's taken on the admiration of trash trucks, of all things. I mean we are talking obsession. Your not safe if your seated, you WILL become part of the trash pile and will be compacted. He goes through all the sound effects and motions as he piles on anything he can pull into his pit of misc. junk. He looks forward to each Friday for the trash truck to come rolling down the street and will watch it until he can no longer see it.
Photobucket
E as we call him has started preschool in the last few months and enjoys getting to work on projects and playing with his new friends. He enjoys swimming and has done well with his lessons. He absolutely loves being outdoors and taking walks. Full of endless energy.
Photobucket
He loves his Daddy. He enjoy's having what they call 'Dude's Day's' every so often, where they spend the day together doing boy things. But not to be forgotten, Ephram also has some special days with me, we call those 'MommE' days.......
Photobucket
As sweet of a little boy he is, he's also got his ornery streak. This face I love to piece's, but this tends to be his smile and I laugh everytime I see this face. So rotten.
Photobucket
The biggest of struggles has been his dealing with Asthma and an allergy to peanuts. For me, it's hard at times to accept. Hard to watch him when he's in the midst of his attacks. Sad that he has to be cautious of certain things.....hopeful that one day he'll outgrow this. But he's a strong boy...he's taken on a lot in his young life.
Photobucket
He's such a loving and caring child. He is a hugger. Never met a stranger he didn't like. He loves to talk to people, esp. adults. He lives off making people laugh and I love that about him. He's got such a funny sense of humor.
Photobucket
One thing that is really important for us is that Ephram grows up traveling the world. Just in his short four year's, he's been to Ireland and Australia and to several U.S. states and more traveling to come. He's such a good traveler too. He takes it all in with stride and enjoys the adventure. We want him to be aware of his surroundings and people and the different cultures.
Photobucket
Wow, I think that's the most normal smile I've seen yet for the camera! While he does let me take photos of him, he has learned to play to the camera, but just the same can be my worst client ever......so I've learned just to let him do his thing.
Photobucket
So now we enter into the 4th year and we cannot wait to see what's ahead. He continues to amaze us and put smiles on our faces. I look forward to seeing him mature into a young man and 'grow big like daddy' in the year's to come.

Labels:

1 Comments:
Blogger T. Shrigley Buntin said...
E is just about the cutest little guy I have EVER seen...other than my own two little boys that is ;)

What awesome pictures to mark turning 4. Your blog is better than any scrapbook I've ever seen!

He's a blessed little man to have you and Marty as parents.